Here we go.

09 May 2009

What a long week!  I tend to get a little slow poke & lazy on the weekends, but NOT TODAY.  I went to both Farmer's Markets and me & ATM made things happen by going to get the picnic table for the Victory St. Clubhouse For Fully-Grown Women & Men.  We stained it an awesome "Deep Ocean" blue and it is currently drying and waiting for the damn weather to clear, which, according to the forecast is NEVER, so we are unable to give it a coat of protectant.  I'm working on being patient, but I just love envisioning sitting outside with pals sipping on cold beverages and havin' a laugh; anyone would want this rain gone, too.

We're taking mum out for pho tomorrow.  Perfect.  Perfect.  This serves doubly as "I love you, Mom!" and "I love you, pho!"  Of course, I love my mum more.  I'm thinking about putting together a bundle of produce made up of the carrots, radishes & garlic that I scored from the farmer's market.  I'm certain she'll like it, it's right up her alley.  Speaking of radishes, we've been eating them with a frequency around here.  What an underrated veg!  I've flirted with the idea of sticking a couple in the juicer next time.  I don't think anyone would notice!

I know I mentioned Starving Artist Cafe in my very last post, but it is worth mentioning again.  I had dinner there Thursday night w Keiko & Heather and it was freaking fantastic.  I had the fish special which was black pepper encrusted Ahi tuna steaks.  I wanted to holler, it was so good.  Too, Keiko let me try her pasta special which was linguine served w a cream sauce w crab & shrimp & spinach & tons of other stuff.  YUMG.  I am pushing this place because business has been dismal for them at dinner time, I'd hate to see them go.  It's a good local restaurant with divine food, an excellent locale and great service.  It's a touch on the pricey side, but worth it. 

J. Thompson is in town.  At some point we are meeting up, like at 9-10 p.m.  That gives me HOURS to do a whole lot of nothing.  Well.  Heh.  Anyway, we are tossing around the idea of going to see Collin perform music @ Satellite Cafe, which is "oh, ugh" for me because that means we have to go to the Heights.  To Satellite Cafe.  I think I'm just going to have to buck up for Collin.


These are very large and probably nuclear green onions:

My current spring time drink crush, the greyhound.  It's pretty in pink.




1 comment:

kmhd said...

"Thank you for going greyhound."

Blog Archive